Sunday, March 9, 2008

Recipe for Thai Salad

I got this recipe from a friend at work and it is always a hit whenever I take it somewhere. There are three parts:

Part 1: 1 head of bok choy chopped (I use baby bok choy and get about 8 of them)
5 or 6 green onions sliced

Part 2: 2 bags ramen noodles (any flavor because you throw away the sauce packet) - crushed
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 stick butter
2 T. sugar
Cook together in skillet until brown. Cool. It keeps well in a plastic container.

Part 3: Dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. soy sauce

If you are serving a large group you can mix everything together to serve. If you won't be using it all at one meal, it is best to keep it separated so the noodles don't get soggy. Then you can dish up as much of the greens as you want, sprinkle on some of the dry stuff and add as much dressing as you want. I like to keep it on hand. Last night I ran out of the noodle stuff, so I made more of it.
I keep the bok choy/onion in a tupperware bowl in the frig and it keeps about a week. I'll have to get some more - my bowl is getting low.
The noodle/seed/nut mixture doesn't need to be refrigerated and neither does the dressing.

 
Go here to find more recipes.

2 comments:

  1. i use a very similar recipe, but i have never cooked the noodles. i will bet it is good this way!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Thanks for the recipe!

    (I'm thinking you mean ramen noodles?)

    ReplyDelete