Saturday, October 25, 2008

WORKS IN PROGRESS

It's been a while since I blogged.  I was planning to go on a little trip with my sister & cousin, but my DH had a bad spell again.  To make a long story short, we found out that he has a bulging disc and he was in the hospital for a week.  He will be getting a shot in the disc on Monday that we're hoping will help the pain situation.  So, I had to cancel another trip.

Of course, I have kept working on various projects and right now I'm quilting the baby quilt for the new GD expected in December.  I hope to finish the quilting today and then will sew on the binding.
A friend at work has asked me to make a doll quilt for her GD, so here is a picture of what I have started.  The backing is on top of the quilt top.  The second picture below shows 2 doll quilt tops together.  

While DH was in the hospital, my DS#3, DIL & GS came to visit.  I asked my DIL if anyone was planning to make Jonah a Christmas stocking (kind of hoping his other GM was planning to do it), but no, noone else was going to do it, so we found a cross stitch pattern and I  have started working on it.  I like to have handwork handy that I can take with me to places like - umm - hospitals, doctor's appointments, etc.  Hope I finish it in time for Christmas, but actually, at his age (5 months), he won't know the difference.
This morning I went for a walk in my neighborhood.  It was 46 degrees and felt sooo good!  I came across a garage sale and bought a few items of lace, etc.  (below).  I will probably use them for some craft projects, like Christmas ornaments or doll bed linens.  Besides the doll quilts I'm making now, I am planning to make doll bed linens for the new GD, however, won't need them for a couple years, since she's not even born yet!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth, what pretty fabrics in your dolly quilts. I have enjoyed watching your progress on the red/white quilt and look forward to the final photo. It's a lovely quilt.

    Garage sales can be a treasure trove. Great buy!

    Enjoy your sewing...:)Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty projects and they all looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you blogging again. You certainly have a lot to catch us up on! Lovely things. I'll be back to see you you're coming along with all your projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete