Saturday, December 6, 2008

FIVE DAYS WITH JONAH!

After a slow start, we were able to go to a resort with DS#3, DIL & Jonah! Here's a picture of him in his daddy's hat! I will put up a few more pictures as soon as I get them from our son! We had a really good time with them just relaxing (DS had a cold & DH's back was bothering him, but it was good enough to take the trip).
Since we won't be with them for Christmas, I gave them the finished quilt and they were very happy with it!Lea at Simple Pleasures asked if anyone had a lunch box. Well, I had packed my Howdy Doody lunch box (purchased at a garage sale) with some supplies for my trip.
While Jonah napped, I worked on cutting out my tumblers from 5" charm squares and marking the sewing line for hand piecing them together.
These two stacks of left over fabric from the charm squares will be used to make some doll quilts. I'm not sure, but I'll probably make little 9-patches or 4-patches out of these scraps.

Now that we are back home, I will try to get ready for a craft show next Saturday. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Time with grandchildren has to be one of our best Christmas gifts. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruth, he's gorgeous and lucky to have such a wonderful grandma! The lunchbox idea is very clever - just the right size. I have wanted to make a scrap tumbler quilt for a while, it's such a good pattern - simple yet effective.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my -- two goodies in one post (OK ,there were more but ...) a baby and a quilt are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I have a stack of leftovers that look exactly like those and they DO make very cool quilts from scraps! Just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Ruth
    Glad you had a nice trip with your family, Jonah is just adorable and so is the quilt you made for your son,
    I loved your little lunchbox full of goodies, what a great idea, can't wait to see your progress on the tumbler quilt,
    Talk to you soon
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, He is sooooooo adorable!!!! Love his cute cheeks! :-)

    Oh, Ruth, I LOVE your Howdy doody lunch box! Gosh, It's very cute and makes me want to get one for me! *S*

    I'm making the tumbler quilt also and I'm very anxious to yours! You picked such a lovely fabrics!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonah is precious! :-) Love the lunchbox idea!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! What a cuties pie J is! Glad you all had a wonderful tiem together. Can't wait to see what your pieces end up like ;0)Tell DH I hope his back feels better soon! Celeste

    ReplyDelete