Sunday, December 21, 2008

READY FOR CHRISTMAS?

I think I'm ready for Christmas. Of course, we aren't doing much, but I did put up quite a few decorations anyway. I saw these cute mouse cookies on The Little Red Hen site and thought I'd make some for our party at work. My sister sent me the Mr & Mrs Santa Claus S&P shakers and told me to open it early! Aren't they cute?
A few years ago I got this panel and I hang it up at Christmas. I hand quilted and embellished it.

I saw a box similar to this at a craft show so I decided to try making one for a friend. I got some pages from a Reader's Digest condensed book to cover it with and I'm going to try some other boxes too.
In this picture you can see some piles of wool that I felted. I was walking by a resale shop I saw a sign that read "women's blazers - 50 cents" so I went in and bought 3 blazers! I plan to use the red for some Christmas ornaments for next year. I'm putting together some more 9 patches. I had some left over pieces of these from when I made a couple doll quilts, so I thought I would make some
When I was checking out my button situation to see if I had any other buttons I could use, I decided to get out my big button box to see what is in it. GUESS WHAT I FOUND! I found my Quilting DVD that had been missing since I was straightening up before house guests came in October. I must have tossed it in the button box without thinking about it and I never thought to look there! I looked and looked for the DVD and was beginning to wonder if I would ever find it. I started hand piecing my tumbler blocks together.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm...I really like your tumbler blocks! I've been having a hard time deciding on what shape to use for my charm quilt, and I think you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Ruth! I think your mice cookies are adorable and I bet they taste good too. Your Christmas wallhanging is beautiful and the box is very sweet. I have made some, years ago, covered - decoupage like - in stamps which I gave to friends who were travelling. Mine were smaller than yours I think. I had to chuckle when I read about you finding the video - I found a packet of quilting patterns when I was looking for something else. Bonus! I have been wanting to make a tumbler quilt for ages - you have inspired me. I think it will be my hand sewing project for 2009.

    All the best...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! I am so going to have to make those mice cookies and take them to work because we have mice at work and have been catching them. My coworkers would get a kick out of the cookies. :) Nice decorations and I love the tumblers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't felted wool yet but I want to. My step-D from Chicago called me a few days ago to tell me she's going to mail me some of her wool stash that she doesn't have time to use. I think I'll start out by making a bag of some sort, no pattern, just wing it, and maybe do some applique on it.

    ReplyDelete