Monday, January 19, 2009

DOLL PILLOWS AND SHOPPING

I received a gift certificate for Christmas, so Saturday I went to my favorite quilt shop to spend it. I purchased these fat quarters and charms. This shop specializes in reproduction fabrics.They also have a bin with odd shaped pieces for sale at lower prices and below are the pieces I got for a bargain price.
I made some doll pillows with this cotton fabric printed like "ticking." I had been looking for ticking, but I found this at Hobby Lobby. The pillow is about 7" x 4 1/2".
Then I made some pillow cases for the pillows. It didn't take very long to make these.

One will be sent to a great-niece and I will save some for other doll quilts I'm planning to make.

4 comments:

  1. The scrap bin at my favourite fabric shop is a treasure chest. Somethines they have bolt ends with 2 or 3 metres! Your fabrics are delightful and the little dolly pillows are as sweet as can be.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those little pillows are so cute. I wouldn't have thought of making a pillow like a real one with ticking pillow and pillow cases. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics you found... And those little pillows are darling!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful doll quilts and other projects! And I'm impressed with the tablecloth design wall idea! Hope you have a great year with your Etsy sales.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete