Saturday, March 5, 2011

QUILTING & BINDING, BINDING & QUILTING

My new quilting foot solved my quilting problem, so I got busy and quilted the three donation quilts.  I spent most of the week quilting and binding these three quilts shown below.  The hand sewing the binding to the back was done while watching TV in the evenings.

This first quilt will be for a teenager at Children's Hospital.  We (meaning people in my quilters guild, including me)  don't make very many of these larger quilts because they take longer, but they are needed too.  


Here's one of the baby size quilts.
And the backing, which is really cute (I got it at a garage sale).

Another baby size quilt made with the "10 minute quilt block."  
This quilting design was a new one for me - I found it in Kim Diehl's book Simple Seasons.  It's easy to do and looks pretty good.


I decided to make a table runner with the 10 minute block and used a charm pack of Moda's Pure fabric. I might use up a couple more of my charm packs this way.  


Have a good weekend and get lots of sewing done!!

12 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Such pretty quilts - there are going to be a few lucky people very soon. Your quilting looks great and I'm glad the new foot solved the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabric colors you used in the table runner. I am trying to figure out how you made the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! I especially like the table runner with the browns and blues, so pretty. I'm happy to hear the new foot solved the problems. Wonder how many people wear out the quilting foot? You are one busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have that new swirly quilting design down perfectly! I also like the design on the last table runner. All your fabrics are great, but those fun ones on the baby quilts are perfect and will make some kids very happy! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great quilts and I'm sure they will be loved and appreciated.
    I adore the table runner and love the colors! They are so muted and old fashioned looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the finishes but especially the string quilt. It is so pretty!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  7. All great quilts! Can you show us how you make that 10 minute quilt block? I really like it. The string quilt is just amazing. I am loving string quilts more and more. I need to get my scraps cut up and start on some strings.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did get busy...love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the string quilt;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love your ten minute quilt blocks. You made such cute children's quilts. I especially like the backing on the first one and the quilting looks great. You have certainly been a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilts, the kids will love them I'm sure. Love the brown and blue, that is exactly what I'm looking to make for my couch to brighten it up a bit.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love string pieced quilt, they are such a great way to use up great fabrics (or even not so great) and not let even the smallest piece go to waste. Your quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete