Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Surprise at Little Bighorn Battlefield

Last night we camped at the Old West RV Park in Reedpoint, MT.  As you can see from the sign posted, it is the sheep drive capital of the world!  Wow!


This is the main street going through town...

After three blocks you reach the other end of town where the railroad tracks are.

Our main destination for the day was the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument where Custer's last stand took place.  The informational movie was very interesting as was the museum.  While looking at books in the book store, I saw someone I knew!  Could that be possible to run into someone and meet at just the right time by chance?  Someone from where I used to work was there and we were both dumbfounded.  If anyone from work is wondering who it was,  just email me and I will let you know.  It truly is a small world.


These 2 pictures show where Custer and his soldiers fell.

My interest was piqued to learn more about Custer's wife, who lived a long life and apparently spent time telling the story of her husband's life and death.

Tomorrow we head for South Dakota.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting post! Once in a restaurant in Colorado, we ran into a couple from my home town; I hadn't seen them in years! Quite a shock, all right! Keep on having fun! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a trip you are having! I love that you ran into someone you know way out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the town, it looks like a movie set. Isn't is strange how that happens? We either run into someone we know or meet someone from our own area? Had that happen to me more times than I can count!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the trip, isn't Montana beautiful? We have had 19 days in a row of 100+ degree heat, stay where it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a small world isn't it?

    I've been there! I was probably about 7!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog from Humble Quilts blog and had to comment. Your title caught my eye. I live in Montana and on a trip back from Texas a few years ago ended up staying in the hotel in Reedspoint. No rooms available between there and Billings! It was a funny place. They used a chain and padlock to lock the front door! Every time a train went by that night I woke up. I think the crossing was right outside our window! LOL! It was definitely an experience. Hope you enjoyed your trip through the state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little town really does look like it was made for a movie set. I always enjoy seeing historical sites and learning more about the people and their lives. History books really never do justice to the people in history.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete