Saturday, September 10, 2011

CATCHING UP WITH MY CIVIL WAR BLOCKS

Except for today's, that is.  I wasn't able to keep up with the blocks because I didn't have enough reproduction fabrics with me.  Now that I've had some time to get organized, I decided to work on them today.  The current block's PDF file didn't come out at the right size, so I'm going to check Lillian's Cupboard blog to see what recommendations she has on cutting the pieces.

Some of these were finished already, but I hadn't posted them before.  Others, like the one with the appliqued star, was done except for the star, which I applied today.






I'm very happy with the last one, named the Indiana Puzzle.  I haven't done much curved piecing up till now.  

I'll have some small finishes to show soon.

9 comments:

  1. Great blocks! You're nearly caught up and that's fantastic! It's going to be a goergous quilt when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you've caught up quickly! Great job.... today's isn't hard and goes together smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be one fantastic quilt! Love your blocks and the fabric choices.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look great! My favorite is the red and white stripes with the blue star, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! They are all knock-outs.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great, if you find an easy way to make this week's block let me know. It looks difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your blocks! I wish I had gotten into that quilt; I'd never catch up now! You have done an excellent job on all of them, and your colors are wonderful! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of these blocks are quite intricate. What size are they finished, Ruth? Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blocks all look fantastic. Your colors all just look so perfect together. This is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete