Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A WITCH, DOLL QUILT and 2 BAGS

While digging around in my fabric closed, I came across a panel for making a witch that I had gotten at a garage sale in the past.  Since it is almost Halloween, I decided to make it.  Here she is sitting on our TV cabinet in the living room.

I'm also making some things to sell at a craft show and I had a bunch of fabric left over from a quilt I had made with lots of HSTs already done, so I made this pinwheel doll quilt.

I quilted feathers in the border which can barely be seen, but this morning when I placed it on my ironing board in the sun, they showed up pretty good.

Today I'm going to a retirement party for two of my very good friends from work.  I decided to make them each a bag as a retirement gift.

The buttons are sewn on in the shape of Texas.  I hope they like their bags!  The pattern is named "The Texas Tote" and is from Serendipity Gifts.



10 comments:

  1. Your feathers look awesome! It's a cute little quilt. And the witch is adorable. All but her pointy shoes look friendly. :) I never would have thought to sew buttons on in the shape of a state...very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Did you use reclaimed denim for the bags?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the witch, but I love Halloween. It is so much fun decorating! The little doll quilt is adorable, love the fabrics in it! And the bags are great, too. I'm sure your friends will be thrilled with them. The buttons really make them cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a big witch fan, but I love the feather quilting and the denim bags. Such a good use of worn out jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big witch fan either, but yours is really cute! Your quilting on the doll quilt is beautiful! The little bags are very clever! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun;) Love the witch;) The doll quilt is adorable;) And the totes are cool;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little witch is so cute! Reminds me that I need to get out my Halloween decorations. And quilts.
    The doll quilt is adorable and your feathers look fantastic. Wish I could do those.
    Cute denim bags and what a great idea to sew on buttons in the shape of Texas.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your feather quilting is fantastic! The bags for your work friends are super - what a special gift. That's a pretty cute witch too. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felicidades por tus trabajos, un saludo desde Madrid (España).
    Te invito a que veas mi blog https://galeriadimensionpatchwork.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete