One morning I needed to do something easy, so I was looking through some boxes and saw the leftover pieces of charm squares from when I made my tumbler quilts. I decided to sew the pieces together randomly and make a table runner and I got the top finished.
Another finish is "Amy's Choice" quilt from my Jo Morton class last year. It's 22" square and the blocks in the middle finish at 3".
I even put on a label!
Some time in the past I bought this book of iron-on labels, but it wasn't until last November that I decided that I needed to get all my quilts labeled. (I couldn't get this picture to go in straight - sorry).
I had forgotten that I had the book, but came across it in my sewing closet. You can iron on the same design more than once. These are some of the ones that I haven't sewn onto quilts yet. At first I embroidered on them and the one on the left has some embroidery. But then I got the idea to use a colored gel pen. I decided to finish the one on the left with the pen - a lot easier! The others were done with gel pens too. It's kind of fun!
Some labels have a blank to put in the name of the quilt and some don't. I find it hard to come up with a name, so I usually use the name given by the designer.
This weekend I'm going to finish quilting Gone to Texas and maybe even bind it. Yea!
Don't forget to comment if you want to get in my drawing (see last post). I will be drawing a name on Feb. 29 at noon.