Sunday, September 30, 2012

OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE

Old Sturbridge Village (OSV) in Sturbridge, MA has got to be one of my favorite outings on our trip.  Of course, it is hard to pick a favorite!  The day was beautiful, blue sky, perfect weather!  All the buildings are actual buildings from the 1830s and had been moved to this setting and reconstructed.







The barn (left) is connected to the house (right) - we saw lots of these types of house/barns in New England.

Love this quilt!

I would love to have a doll bed like this.


These are reproduction quilts.

One of my favorite views at OSV.

Wall paper in the above house - I love it!

Covered bridge.


Workers in period costumes.  I want to make a dress like hers.
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this day and wished my 1st grandson could have been there with us.  He would have really enjoyed it!

We are now on our way home and will be there in 3 days.  It will be good to get home again!  We had a fabulous trip!!

12 comments:

  1. I love Old Sturbridge village, too! It's been a while since we went, but definitely on the list to do again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I went there several years ago and thought it was amazing - such a treat to look back into our history and see the way it really was. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great pics! The area looks so totally pristine, and the foliage is beautiful.
    Our area may green up a bit; 2.75" rain fell in my yard the past 24 hrs., and temps today are to be in the mid 70's! Just in time for your homecoming; maybe it will last! Travel safely! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a volunteer at a Heritage center near my home. I wore dresses of the 1850s-60s, which I made from reproductions of patterns of actual vintage dresses.
    Sturbridge is a place I have long wanted to see. Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... how beautiful! I wanna go!!! Another place added to my "must visit" list... thanks for all the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love living history sites. Old Sturbridge looks like a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit Sturbridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful place to visit! I love the doll bed all dressed up! I'd love to try making those hangings some day.
    thanks for sharing your lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been there several times - it's amazing to step back in time. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures. Would love to see it all in person. Just one thing, no period dress for me (love it but I think I would be a sweat puddle in 5 minutes). ;)
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. More beautiful pictures - I love the little doll bed.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OSV is one of my favorite spots to visit when I come "home" for a trip. Your photos of it are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete