Monday, September 15, 2014

MAKING SOME MORE PROGRESS

On Friday DH hung this quilt rack that DS#3/DIL made for me one Christmas.  It is really handy for changing out quilts for the seasons.  My favorite quilt is hanging on it - "Colonial Glory."  I fell in love with this quilt when I saw it on Lori's blog and HAD to make one like it!  This is what you would see on your left when entering our house.  The door on the right is to the garage.


Miss Froggie is sitting on an old rocking chair.   She was given to me by a good friend just before we moved from Texas.


Here's a view from a different angle.


This view is looking toward our front door.  The couch is sitting at an angle as you enter our house.  The antique mirror to the left of the door was given to me from another Texas friend.


I have been doing some sewing and made these four borders of flying geese for my  "Over the River and Through the Woods" wall hanging.


A closer look at Miss Froggie.  She is growing on me!


I have made some progress on my sewing room, but it's not ready to display yet.  Where did I get so much stuff?!?!?!  Poor DH is so patient with me and has put up so many things for me - with more to do!  I couldn't do it without him!  

12 comments:

  1. Colonial Glory is gorgeous and looks beautiful there. Love those flying geese too and your log cabin quilt. As for Miss Froggy, guess she has to grow on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE made lots of progress on the house! Everything is looking lovely, really. You would know I love the flag quilt too. Glad to see you have been taking time to sew a bit. I have been too; Fun, for a change, isn't it? ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colonial Glory is beautiful! Miss Froggy--I'll have to think of another word. Beautiful doesn't quite fit, but I'm sure she has a great personality! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my flag quilt and think it is wonderful to see one like it hanging in your new home. It is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should put Miss Froggy in the sewing room. Doesn't she say, "Rip it, rip it?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, your home is looking absolutely wonderful!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your quilt decor! Just my style. So happy for you!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well being dutch it would be rather weird to have such an American one in my house, so I wont. But I do understand why you fell in love with it! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful Ruth and i love seeing how you are decorating your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you are settling in! I LOVE the flag quilts. The tans really add a lot to a RW&B quilt.
    The froggy has such a funny expression!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the progress you are making in decorating your new home. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colonial Glory is such a beauty and looks great hanging there in the entry.
    The house is looking like you are getting settled. I hope it is starting to feel like home for the two of you.
    How far are you from your son and his family? I hope you are getting some family time in too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for a little peek at your new home. I love the flag quilt, I remember Lori doing that one. It looks wonderful on the quilt rack. I'm happy to hear you are getting a little sewing done, I'm sure it gives you a nice break from unpacking. The colors in your flying geese are very pretty! Miss Froggy definitely has a personality all her own. She is kind of neat looking, glad she is growing on you!

    ReplyDelete