Saturday, February 7, 2015

SEWING WITH MY DGD

This week my DGD has spent some time at our house and we've been sewing together.  She had some clothes that needed fixing and other sewing she wanted to do.

She added lace and ribbon to the neckline of the dress and I helped her mend a hole in the skirt.

She finished the apron and mended another skirt.

This dress needed a hook and eye at the top of the zipper and now she took the skirt off and will add a different one.

She plans to make these pants into a dress?!?!?
 At age 22, she has definite ideas about clothes and like to dress in a feminine style.  :-)

These are hair rollers she made from charm squares.


Here they are open.  You roll your hair in the middle section and then close it with hooks.  She was going to test them last night.


Here she is sitting on our couch crocheting a scarf.  She wanted to learn to crochet, so I taught her a few basics and we went to the store to get some yarn.  She doesn't want her face to appear on the internet, so this picture will have to suffice.


This is what's on my design wall.  The table runner on the left is made with Moda "Collections for a Cause" charm squares.  The one on the left is made with Moda "Ladies' Album" by Barbara Brackman.  I have more charm packs that I want to use up, so there might be more table runners in my future.


Yesterday morning I went to a garage sale and found 2 pillowcase kits plus some fat quarters - all for $4.25!


I hope you have a very quilty weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Very cool you can sew side by side with your GD. How'd the curlers work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute DGD you have! She is very lucky to have a GM who is so willing and able to teach her so many things. Your table runners are both great. I especially like the second one. Maybe, just maybe, I can finish my Texas quilt today. We finally have a beautiful sunny day, and temps may hit 75 or 80. Yea!!! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice time you had with your DGD:) It's nice to see younger ones interested in making things.
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was definitely a sewing-fest! Nice work all round ladies. There are so many good ideas on the internet for re-working clothing. I wish that had been around in my day. Cute table mats - a great way to use charm packs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be lots of fun sewing with your GD. It is great that she can visualize what she wants and then creates it. Your table runners are both very pretty. You are keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that you and your granddaughter can enjoy sewing together.
    Those curlers are fascinating.
    Really like your table runners. Good idea for all those charm packs that are piling up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is good, glad you made memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what special time with your grand-daugher!
    love those home made curlers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty table runners. I like having runners to change out and it is a great use for all those charm packs that I collect.
    It looks like your DGD is really following in your talented foot steps. I would not think to "redo" a dress, but it is a perfect way to make something your own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some wonderful memories were made at your house this visit!! You are a GREAT grandma!! I see a future quilter in the making!!

    ReplyDelete