Wednesday, November 4, 2015

SOME CURRENT PROJECTS

Here are some things that I've been working on lately.

This first one is a table runner that was on my design wall a couple posts ago and this morning I sewed it together.  I have it in the "basting" department now.



Somehow, I got the urge to make some "10 minute blocks" and this is the result.  Here is a link to a tutorial on how to make them.  These aren't sewn together yet.  Each piece of fabric was cut to 8" and each block uses 5 pieces of fabric.  The black in the middle is also 8" when you begin.


This one is going to be a "quilt of valor" hopefully.  I saw it on another blog and it looked pretty good - these aren't sewn together yet either.  I will need about 70 blocks and I think I'm over half way there.  It's a leader/ender project some of the time.


This is what each block looks like and it measures 8 1/2" square unfinished.  When you put them together they form pinwheels in opposite corners.


Hope you are sewing this week too.


10 comments:

  1. That 10-minute block is amazing! Thanks for showing the QOV block; I would never have guessed how that one went together. It is beautiful! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I doubt that I could make ANY block in ten minutes they are so bright and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and such a variety of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't we all love to have a basting department where someone else did all the basting? : )
    Three lovely projects. I think the last one is my fav, but they all make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great projects in your sewing room! I really like your quilt of valor project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're having fun. The QOV block looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy. Love all your projects and the colourways are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing Ruth - such diverse projects both in design and colour. I love the variety in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Header photo is stunning!!!! Also, thank you for the closeup on the QOV block - pretty clever and not difficult. You are one productive lady these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive never heard of the 10 minute block - fun
    lots of good projects going - sewing? what's that? maybe in a few days

    ReplyDelete