Saturday, October 1, 2016

QUILTOPIA IN SALEM, OR

Yesterday I went to Salem, about 35 minutes south of where I live, to attend Quiltopia!  This is a quilt show that used to be put on by a quilt shop that just went out of business, and now the people that assisted in organizing it are doing it without the sponsorship of Greenbaums.  It was held at a really special place, the Willamette Heritage Center, which was a woolen mill established around 1840 by some missionaries.  The mill is now a museum and is a wonderful place to tour, so we'll have to go back there again.

This farm quilt was my favorite.


 The quilts were hanging up quite high and it was hard to get a straight picture and some might be blurry.  And, of course, I didn't get all the pictures that I would have liked to.


Too bad I couldn't fit this whole quilt in the photo.




This applique quilt was lovely.


A cute halloween quilt!


Here's a special patriotic quilt!


It was a beautiful day for an outing!  Look at that sky!



Abby didn't have school, so she came with us.


There was also a bed turning and this was the top quilt.  It was a millennial quilt and had 2000 different fabrics in it.


Another quilt in the bed turning was this vintage crazy quilt.


Thanks for visiting.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Special quilts there! Seems that area is really into artsy quilts too. I noticed the date of 1919 on the crazy quilt! Glad Abby got to go with you too. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great place for a quilt show.
    I really like that third one.
    It does look like you had a beautiful day for your outting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful quilts, my favourite is that flag one. Its stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing the quilts. I really like the star and stripes especially.
    Beautiful red building and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth,

    The barn quilt is my favorite too! 'Abby" sure has grown..so nice that you can get together with each other.

    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt shown in your header. Beautiful for fall display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful venue and such variety of quilts. I do love your new blog header quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What wonderful quilts!! And what a beautiful time to spend with family!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete