Saturday, October 22, 2016

SHOP HOPPING

This week I went on a shop hop in the Salem OR area.  My friend and I went to a few shops but didn't make it to all the shops in the hop.  

Besides the shop in our home town (Boersma's), our favorite shop is Grandma's Attic in Dallas, OR.  The scrap bin was full of great pieces of fabric and you can stuff a plastic bag full for $4.99 as long as it can close.  Here is my bag.


And here is the contents of the bag spread out.  I stuffed 12 1/2 oz. into it, which makes it a great deal!  As you can see, I got mostly civil war and 30s reproductions.


I couldn't resist purchasing some other yardage and below is what I got.



Just got home from watching the Cubs baseball game and they won!!!  They will be going to the world series next!  Yea, Cubs!!!

12 comments:

  1. Nice haul on the Civil War fabrics. I love the redbird and butterfly fabrics. I bet I know where the music fabric will end up someday. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuffing scrap bags. It is so fun. I get real OCD about it and fold every piece nicely--then clip a little hole in a corner and you get even more in because the air can escape. : )
    Looks like you found some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric finds! I'm happy for the Cubs too, though I don't follow baseball it's always nice when a team finally makes it to the series after this many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth que buena compra!!
    en España notemos estas fantásticas ofertas
    buen domingo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a find!! That butterfly fabric is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty prints in that bag and at a wonderful price. Lucky you. Love the butterfly fabric. Wonder what you will make with it. Enjoy the loot! ;^)Quilting is More Fun than Housework

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those kind of shops and scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrap bags are a treasure trove of fabric-y goodies. That's a nice selection you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The contents of the scrap bag are beautiful! Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun bag of scraps! I see those bins and am drawn to them, but usually know better. I'm not much of a scrappy quilter, but seeing what you do makes me think I should try more scrappy stuff! As for your earlier posts - I'm catching up - the bags are wonderful and the Paris fabric is perfect for them! And good for you buying and finishing up others projects. I suppose it's a quicker way of adding to your shop, too! The Broken Dishes blocks are great and I look forward to seeing what you get back. It's going to be a beautiful, scrappy quilt when you put them all together, I'm sure. And the quilt show photos are great. I particularly liked the quilt with 2000 fabrics in it, so maybe you'll turn me into a scrap quilter yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty scraps and I love those Civil War tans the best because they look so antique-y.

    ReplyDelete