Wednesday, March 29, 2017

DOLL SHOW REPORT

Well, the doll show wasn't a total loss!  It was a learning experience, though.  Most of the shoppers were looking for antique dolls, which we didn't have.  Someone bought my favorite new doll quilt - the bow tie quilt.  I guess I'll make another one.

Our table
I took my Mom's doll with me so I could look for new hair for him.  Here's his picture with the old hair.


I found a vendor who had lots of wigs as well as other doll items.  I got him a wig and when I got home, I took his hair off as well as the cap protecting his brain.


Here he is with the new brain protector!  😏


I love how he looks with his new hair!  It isn't glued on yet, but is just sitting on top of his head.


While there I purchased some shoes and socks for him.  Aren't they spiffy?  Such cute loafers!


I also got a smaller doll re-strung - a porcelain doll that I had purchased at a thrift shop.

BTW, I decided to name Mom's doll "Albert" after his (and my) grandpa.

13 comments:

  1. How fun!! Albert looks so cute with his new hair and loafers. I have a 'Mabel" china head of a doll that was my grandmother's. On my someday list is making a new cloth body and clothes for her. Your story is inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the new hair and outfit with shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert is looking great! So happy you could find a few things to fix him up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful new look for Albert! Love what you did to spiffy him up. Glad you sold a doll quilt too. I imagine the doll show was quite a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome lad Albert turned out to be. Gotta love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little loafers are so sweet. Albert looks like he really enjoyed his trip to the salon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Albert is adorable with the new hair and the socks and shoes are perfect. Sounds like it was a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is a cutie . . . I don't often see boy dolls. I'm sure you have a special place for him, thanks for sharing.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Albert is adorable; spiffy from top to bottom, literally! Glad you had fun at the show/sale. I think I'm sensing that you miss your little bow tie quilt. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those doll shoes. Years ago, I made a Mr. & Mrs Moose from a McCall's pattern. I purchased real baby shoes for them. Hers were little patent leather looking shoes to go with her red dress with white eyelet trim. His were sort of hiking boot looking shoes to go with his knee length suspender pants.

    I thought you would do really well selling doll quilts at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a snappy chap now! Many years ago my friend and I spent weeks making things for a craft stall. We spread some antique white table clothes over the trestles to dress them up. We could have sold the clothes 10 times over. Not many sales in the craft items.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe - so cute. the new hair looks great.
    thanks for sharing photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet doll! I love his new hair and loafers!

    ReplyDelete