Wednesday, January 31, 2018

TWO MORE FINISHES FOR JANUARY

Can't believe it's the last day of January, 2018 already!!  I have a couple more finishes for this month. This first one will be given to a veteran.  It's not the official Quilt of Valor, but a similar program and is lap size.


Here's the backing.


I quilted and bound my log cabin table runner.  It measures 15" x 44".


I quilted feathers swirling back and forth across the quilt.


Here's a close up of one corner folded back so you can see some quilting.


I feel pretty good about my Scrap Attack that I reported on in my January 16 post.  I am continuing to sew triangles of men's shirt fabric together and will work on sewing them into quilts.  I didn't finish the quilt yet, but it's being worked on.  Tomorrow I will draw my Scrap Attack project for February.

7 comments:

  1. That red quilt is a knockout! Someone is going to be very blessed to receive it. I love the graphic quality of log cabin blocks,that is such a pretty runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The veteran who receives your red quilt will be thrilled I'm sure; it is beautiful! All your little log cabin blocks are so pretty, and your quilting looks terrific! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Ruth! You are leaving me breathless with all those finishes. Kudos to you. I love both quilts. The first picture is awesome! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice veteran's quilt--clever additions to the back.
    Love the feathers on your runner.
    You should feel good about what you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two more finishes - good for you.
    Great pieced backing. I'm sure a vet will love it.
    your LC runner is really great. I love the simple setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop! Whoop! Nice work!!! Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The veterans quilt is great, love the reds and whites and pinwheels! The little log cabin table runner is beautiful! Love log cabin blocks! You have some wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete